Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Week Has Past

All I can say is WOW!!! It's so crazy to be in the land of my mission! It such a surreal feeling to think I lived here for 9 months while serving my mission! It's great to be back but I'm not going to lie the first couple of days it hit me how long two months was going to be!! The days tend to go by slow. Their lives are so much different than ours back at home. When they say 9 o'clock they really mean 9:30 or 10, even maybe 10:30. They don't worry to much about time but that's nice is some ways. They are all so laid back.

So what's it like here? The weather is usually hot and cloudy with rain! Think of running a mile or two in burning hot weather and sweating. That's how you feel all the time here!! Night and day. It's only around 80 degrees but extremely humid. The only time it really feels good is after it's rained and if it remains cloudy! If the sun comes out after it's jut rained it's even hotter!! Hot Hot Hot.

Where am I staying? I live in a humble house with Darney and his family. There is his wife, Shirley, and their 5 daughters! Mihanta, Darsha(Baby), Darnsihann, Darneysha(Lihalaud), and Darshell. I've finally go them memorized!

What have I been up to? So far I've been spear gun fishing, swimming, visiting people, lots of eating(everyone feeds you), and just enjoying my time here. I love playing games with the kids! There is a lot of sitting so I've been reading a book called Think and Grow Rich, along with the Book of Mormon, the Sunday School Book of Mormon manual because I've received the assignment to teach the youth Sunday school class, my institute manual (yes I'm enrolled in institute), The Infinite Atonement, and now some English manuals.

Why the English manuals? So I wanted to do a little service here so I thought I would see if the school need help. They've thrown me into the water all at once. Starting tomorrow I will be teaching English for two hours a day on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays to 8th graders. I'll keep you updated on how it goes!

I'm lovin my time here! It's great. I've posted pictures on Facebook. I hope you enjoy them!! Click here for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment