Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Island

As many of you know I'm always changing my plans. Well I bet you can guess then that they are changing once again. I'll be coming home on October 10th. When vacationing you can only do so much until you have done all that you wanted to do. I'm loving my time here and feel that a month will give me plenty of time to do the things that I want to do.

This morning as I was driving into use the internet I was on a road that runs right along the ocean. Since Pohnpei is surrounded by a reef there are no beaches and no waves. This morning the water was pure glass(better than any lake I've seen in Utah)!!! In the water I could see the reflection of an outer island, the sun and clouds, and the blue sky. The first thought that came to my mind was how beautiful a creation this island really is! I was so blessed to serve here and now blessed to be back and spend time among the people I love.

Last night I have the great opportunity to go out with the Sisters. We visited one man that I referred to them. I taught him a few times when I was here and I see him every morning on my way to the school. They taught him about the Book of Mormon and how he can know the truth! The next people we saw were a few ladies that I also taught when I served in Sapwalap. We talked about the temple and the sealing power. As we taught them so many feelings ran through my heart. I was excited to see them again and it's great they are meeting with them missionaries but it's sad to see that they are just at the step. I was here 4 years ago!! The thing that really broke my heart is that they know it's true! They knew it was true when I taught them and yet they haven't acted. It was a pretty powerful lesson that will  hopefully change how they act. They said they would be a church on Sunday so we will see.

So each morning I great up around seven and get ready for school. School starts at 8 and it's about a 15-20 minute walk to the school. I teach for about an hour and a half and then we play a game for the last 30 minutes. As I've taught English I've realized how little I really understand the language I speak!! But it's still fun to teach.

After school I can do a variety of things. It ranges from sleeping to fishing to climbing coconut trees to going to waterfalls. It's been a blast to be back!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment